Marshall High School Alumni GO STATESMEN!
GEORGE C. MARSHALL HIGH SCHOOL
“HALL OF FAME”
(Applicants must be out of school for at least five years before nominating)
YEAR GRADUATED FROM MARSHALL HIGH SCHOOL: _____________________
SPORT or SPORTS PARTICIPATED IN: ____________________________________
YEARS AND LEVEL OF PARTICIPATION: __________________________________
POSITIONS PLAYED: _________________________________________________
AWARDS RECEIVED: _________________________________________________
BRIEF SUMMARY WHY YOU FEEL THIS INDIVIDUAL OR TEAM DESERVES TO BE NOMINATED:
GCM Hall of Fame Guidelines
To be considered for induction into the GCM Hall of Fame an individual must meet the following criteria:
1) To be inducted, all inductees must have exemplified qualities of good citizenship and personal integrity both inside and outside the classroom.
2) To be inducted, alumni must have graduated from Marshall High School and have been out of school for at least five (5) years.
3) To be inducted, alumni must have distinguished themselves with significant and unusual accomplishments during their athletic experience. Examples of significant and unusual experience include, but are not limited to:
a) All-American recognition
b) All-State or All-Met recognition
c) Multiple All-Region recognition
d) Eight or more varsity letters
e) Captainship of more than one Varsity team
f) Notable participation in college athletics
g) Participation at the professional or Olympic level
4) A special category is reserved for alumni who have distinguished themselves with a signature contribution in their business, profession, cultural pursuit, or military or community service and are able to attribute that contribution to their athletic experience at Marshall High School. Alumni in this category are not eligible until the tenth year after graduation.
5) Any individual State champion is automatically nominated for induction during the sixth year after graduation.
6) Teams completing undefeated seasons, teams with Regional championships and teams placing in State competition are eligible for induction in the Hall of Fame. State championship teams are automatically nominated for induction in the sixth year following the championship. Any team is eligible for nomination in the sixth year after completion of the school year in which it participated.
7) Coaches, administrators, and Boosters with more than five (5) years of exemplary service to Marshall High School, who have made extraordinary contributions to the activities community, are eligible to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. For coaches, a lasting and positive influence on the students and alumni of Marshall High School is the primary consideration.
Nominations may be made by any current or former student or faculty member, or by any member of the Boosters organization.
9) Once nominations are received, final selections for induction are made by the Hall of Fame Committee that includes the Director of Student Activities (or his/her appointed representative), and other Boosters members as approved by the Boosters Board.
10) The Committee will intend to induct new members into the Hall of Fame on an annual basis, with nominations to be received in early October and the Induction Ceremony to occur during the Winter sports season; provided, however, that the Committee may revise the timeline based upon any given year’s circumstances.